We would kindly ask authors to pay attention to the following summary when preparing papers:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The paper is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures). For writing equations, we recommend authors to use MathType instead of Microsoft Equation.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The paper is editable and not password protected.
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
Guidelines and Template
Please follow these essential guidelines when preparing your paper:
Authors must prepare their papers using IOP Publishing’s Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates for submission:
If you would like to submit multimedia to accompany your paper, you might find these guidelines useful: